Is collecting art really a luxury?
Maybe it's not as essential as food, mortgage, car expenses, clothing etc., the things we buy without thinking about. However, art does something more for us.
1) It is an emotional investment and means of self expression reflecting the nuances of your personality. I guarantee you there is an artist creating art that appeals to your values, your perspective, your reverence for the things that matter. And here's the flip side, those same artists need you in order to continue to produce their art and support themselves.
2) Art makes your space original. It's your way to customize your space beyond the builder boring beige.
3) By selecting art that appeals, you create a legacy for your life. It's like putting your stamp on the experience of your life. "I choose this!!!"
4) When you collect an artists work you are growing with them. You are directly contributing to the growth and development of that artist. Very cool.
5) You might even learn something new. Such as the history, culture, motivation that the artist had. In learning about the artist you might even recognize some of the same insights in yourself. Perhaps that's why you were attracted to the work in the first place.
6) Ultimately we all want to feel like we are okay. That we matter. That the way we see the world is supported in some small way. Art can help you do that. It is a mirror for you to see your tastes, perspectives and life experience.
Just look at the difference this gorgeous piece of art made in the room above. This is a piece that I painted of a Gaye Paree Peony. The original has long sold, however, I now have prints available.
This one is 24 x 24" and is a Giclee Print. What's a giclee? It is a print on canvas using archival inks. It comes as close to the original in texture and vibrancy that a print can come. This one is available for $447 CDN unframed. It lights up any room you decide to place it in.
I'll leave the link below for you to see the details.
Let me know if you have any questions. This particular piece is ready to ship and I even have the black matte frame in stock if you'd like that too.