Realistic Floral Painting
Always wanted to paint florals like this?
Me too. I know you can do it, and I'd love to show you how.
Who is this for:
- you are drawn to painting and feel frustrated with your results,
- you have some understanding of colour mixing but feel limited by it,
- you are eager to learn how to express yourself in paint.
- Colour Mixing with Confidence Course.
What's included for the online course:
- (6) - 1 hour, weekly, video calls, with me, to help you with this process.
- Instruction on how to compose your image, transfer it to the canvas, and begin the painting process.
- A materials list of everything you'll require.
- Instructional videos that are easy for you to follow along.
What's included for the in-person course:
- 4 days of in-person instruction in a gorgeous classroom space.
- access to all the video available for the online version of this course.
What will you need:
- A stretched canvas, size to be determined,
- A range of brush sizes that are a really good quality,
- A palette and palette knife for mixing your colours,
- Linseed oil,
- 12 tubes of oil paint - the same selection you used in the Colour Mixing Course.
- Technology to get on to the internet, (Computer, iPad - not your phone as it will be too small a screen)
- A source photo that we will agree on, and a way to upload that image,
- Cling film to cover your paints at the end of the day,
- Paper towel for clean up,
- Pencil crayons - nothing fancy.
Note: if you have already taken this course there is radio button at check out to indicate that.
- Composition, how to lay out your paintings,
- Canvas preparation techniques,
- Image transfer techniques,
- Stretching your canvas over a stretcher frame,
- brush care, etc.
To save your spot you can register here: Realistic Floral Painting.
Note: In-person class will be held in Vancouver April 17-20, 2023.
Just take a look at what one of my past students, Carollyne Sinclaire, (www.pockerdesertpainter.com), created within the Realist Painting Course. Amazing attention to detail, such a beautiful ruffly edge to the petals and the deep yellows in the centre really set this flower apart. I've left Carollyne's website here for you if you'd like more information about her painting.